Many adults wish that they would have worn braces or finished incomplete orthodontic treatment when they were teenagers. The good news is that you can straighten your teeth and correct your bite now, even if you’ve never had any type of orthodontic treatment before.
We’ve found that most adults aren’t interested in wearing traditional braces. If you’d like to improve your smile but don’t want the look of metal braces, then you should consider Invisalign.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a very effective orthodontic device that straightens teeth just like traditional metal braces. It’s completely customized. Here’s what happens when you decide to use Invisalign:
- You’ll meet with your orthodontist. Only use an orthodontist listed on the Invisalign website. He or she will take x-rays, images, impressions and measurements of your teeth, mouth, and jaw. You’ll actually be able to see what your teeth will look like once your treatment’s over.
- Your orthodontist will create a treatment plan and send all of the information to Invisalign. They use state-of-the-art 3-D imaging to create aligners that are shaped to your teeth.
- You’ll meet with your orthodontist to learn about how to use Invisalign, and to begin your treatment.
- You’ll change your aligners every two weeks as your teeth straighten over time.
- Every person is different, but most adults use Invisalign for about one year. Then you’ll be able to enjoy your new smile!
Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign is revolutionary. It:
- Works by using customized plastic aligners that fit over your teeth. These aligners are worn about 22 hours a day and are changed every two weeks.
- Is made of a special clear plastic, which makes Invisalign nearly invisible. No one will even know that you are undergoing treatment!
- Is completely customized. When your orthodontist takes x-rays and images, it ensures that Invisalign will make your aligners for your teeth and according to your treatment plan only.
- Corrects most bite problems, including overbites, underbites, and crossbites.
- Can be removed when you’re eating or drinking. You can also eat or drink whatever you want—there are no restrictions.
- Makes oral hygiene easy. Just remove the aligners when you brush and floss your teeth, then put them right back in your mouth.
- Is affordable and can be made even more so with the use of payment plans and CareCredit.
If you live in the Tampa area and would like to improve your smile, give Dr. Gutierrez a call today. His office staff can schedule a free consultation so that you can learn more about the many benefits of Invisalign.