Using Invisalign Teen
Invisalign® Teen is a clear choice for straightening teenagers’ teeth and giving them a beautiful smile. It’s safe and effective—and it’s nearly invisible! Our Tampa office sees teenagers every day who want to use this simple system.
Teenagers who require orthodontic treatment use Invisalign® Teen because it’s:
- Comfortable. It’s made from smooth plastic, as opposed to the wires and brackets that make metals braces work.
- Convenient. You pop the Invisalign trays in and keep them in. Then, you just pop them out except for when you brush, floss, eat and drink, or when you’re playing contact sports.
- Clear. Invisalign® Teen is nearly invisible—no one will know that you’re wearing them, even though they are straightening your teeth.
- Effective. Invisalign® treatment is used for about as long as traditional braces. In some cases, they adjust your teeth even faster than braces!
- Low Maintenance. This system is easy to care for—just change out the trays every two weeks, and clean them using a toothbrush and toothpaste.
Make Your Invisalign® Teen Experience Easy
It’s true that Invisalign® is easy to wear and easy to use, but it’s important to follow some guidelines. Here are some tips:
- Visit Your Orthodontist Regularly. Unlike traditional braces that require frequent wire changes to properly adjust teeth, Invisalign® Teen works with plastic trays that you replace every two weeks. That means that you don’t have to visit your orthodontist as often, but you still do have go to every scheduled appointment to ensure that your treatment is progressing the way it should.
- Remove Every Time Before Eating. Your trays must be in your mouth at least 20 hours a day—and 22 hours a day is best. But you do have to remove them to eat and drink, to brush and floss, and any time you’re playing a contact sport like football, soccer, and lacrosse. If you lose one of your trays, don’t worry, you’ll get six replacement aligner trays at no cost.
- Replace Your Trays Every Two Weeks. The Invisalign® Teen system is revolutionary because it completely customizes your treatment. Before you even start wearing the aligners, you’ll be able to see just what the end result will be! Every two weeks, you should put in the next set of aligners—they’ll continue straightening your teeth from where the last set left off.
Invisalign® Teen is easy to use and is nearly invisible—it’s affordable, too. If you’re interested in learning more about the clear choice for straightening your teeth, contact Dr. Guiterrez today at his convenient Tampa location.