Most teens – at least 3 out of every 4 – require orthodontic care. For many years, straightening your teeth and creating a healthy, beautiful smile meant that you wore metal braces. More than 10 years ago, a new orthodontic solution appeared, called the Invisalign system. Invisalign is:
· Clear. Invisalign is made of clear material that molds to the shape of your teeth, making it virtually invisible. No one can tell that you’re straightening your teeth, and there are no noticeable metal brackets and wires.
· Customized for your mouth and teeth. Dr. Gutierrez measures your mouth using a series of 3-D images and x-rays, which are then used to create a custom plan. Using the Invisalign system, he’ll even be able to show you what your teeth will look like at the end of your treatment—before you actually begin!
· Effective. Invisalign is just as effective as metal braces for over bites, under bites and cross bites, and gapped and crowded teeth. One aligner is designed to go over your top teeth, and one over your bottom teeth. Over the course of two weeks, these aligners will gently move your teeth into a slightly new position. Then, after those two weeks are over, you’ll receive new set of aligners that will continue to move your teeth. As you continue doing this, your teeth will be moved little by little, and you’ll reach the end of your treatment.
· Removable. The aligners should be taken out of your mouth when you’re eating or drinking. You should also remove them when you’re brushing and flossing, to ensure that you can practice good oral health. We know teens who take off their Invisalign aligners when they play sports, play an instrument, or even when they enjoy a night out at the prom. Overall, for Invisalign to work properly, they should be worn about 22 hours a day.
· Comfortable. Traditional braces are affixed to your teeth, and use a series of wires to guide the teeth into position. These wires often rub against the lips, mouth, and tongue, and can feel uncomfortable. Invisalign and Invisalign Teen are made of smooth, clear plastic that is made especially for your teeth, so you’re be comfortable when you’re wearing them.
· Doesn’t change your diet. Since Invisalign and Invisalign Teen are removed when eating, you don’t face any food restrictions, like you would if you wore metal braces. Of course, you should continue to follow a healthy diet that’s low in sugar, but you don’t have to worry about eating your favorite hard or sticky foods.
We know that things can happen, and it can be hard to take your aligners out every day in school during lunch, so Invisalign Teen also comes with extra aligners just in case you lose one.
If you want to find out if you’re a candidate for Invisalign, give Tampa Invisalign Orthodontist Dr. Gutierrez a call. We’ll set up a consultation for you and your parent to see why Invisalign Teen is so popular for treatment.
The patient and any other person responsible for payment has a right to refuse to pay, cancel payment or be reimbursed for payment for any other service, examination or treatment that is performed as a result of and within 72 hours of responding to the advertisement for the free, discounted fee or reduced fee service, examination or treatment.